BOUND TO TRADITION - COMMITTED TO THE FUTURE

 

2015
Production, sales, distribution and representation for the embroidery base fabrics and tulles for Europe are transferred to Schweninger Textil GmbH in Lustenau, Austria.

The general representation of Eschler Thaiknit Co. Ltd. and the Research & Development remain with Christian Eschler Europe AG, in charge of Mr. Peter Eschler.

 

2012
Christian Eschler Europe AG is founded (end of 2012) to conduct the sales and marketing of the lingerie textiles in Europe under the leadership of Peter Eschler.
Two of the strongest and most innovative textile and technology companies in the elastic wovens and knitwear segment merge (June 2012): Schoeller Textil AG from Sevelen and the Eschler Group from Bühler.


2011

Significant structural changes in the Swiss textile industry and the extremely strong Swiss franc force the board of directors of the Eschler Group to implement extensive restructuring (November 2011).
Both Swiss manufacturing facilities close and are outsourced to Germany and Thailand.


2008

A new building for production is inaugurated in Bühler.
Watercourse redevelopment to protect the company from floods reminiscent of those six years prior.


2007

New corporate design to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the company.


2002 bis 2003

Floods halt production in Bühler for three months and require a complete refurbishment of the plant.


2001

Joint Venture Eschler Thaiknit Co. Ltd. founded.


2000

Knitting mill is relocated to Münchwilen, whilst the lamination and printing plants move to Bühler.


1996

The third generation of Eschlers - Alex, Matthias and Peter - assume managerial responsibilities.


1985

Expansion of the Bühler office.


1973

The Lehr AG curtain factory in Münchwilen is taken over with subsequent relocation of the warp knitting factory from Bühler to Münchwilen.


1965

Death of company founder Christian Eschler Sr.; continuation of the company's business by sons Kurt and Christian Eschler Jr.


1935

Relocation to Bühler, Canton of Appenzell.


1927

Foundation of a mechanical circular knitting factory by Christian Eschler Sr. in St. Gallen.



A SWISS TEXTILES MEMBER